Latvian Topographic Map
The Latvian Topographic Map is a part of the online map services in windPRO. The topographic maps in 1:50000 and 1:250000 resolution were developed by the Geospatial Information Agency of Latvia (Latvijas Ģeotelpiskās Informācijas Aģentūras - with coverage for the whole of Latvia. For coarser scales, maps are generated from vector maps from EuroGlobalMap.
This map is generated from three sources:
- Zoom-level 13-18 are based on 1:50000 maps that were derived from source data accessed in October 2019 - from the Geospatial Information Agency of Latvia.
- Zoom-level 11-12 are based on the 1:250000 maps from the Geospatial Information Agency of Latvia.
- Zoom level 5-10 are based on vector maps. Here raster-maps are generated at different scales. These maps were derived from EuroGlobalMap data covering Latvia.
Availability from Within windPRO
- From map window: Click the ‘Add map’ globe-icon -> then ‘Dynamic Maps’
- From main menu: Click ‘Project’ -> ‘Properties’ -> ‘Background Maps’ -> ‘Dynamic Maps’
License and Attribution
This map is generated from two different sources:
Topographic Map from the Geospatial Information Agency of Latvia in 1:50000 and 1:250000 scale:
The product belongs to the open data of the Geospatial Information Agency of Latvia. The data have no specific open-data license attached – however these are released with the following open-data principles: free, online, machine-readable-formats. Read more about the policy here: “Publiskās pārvaldes datu pieejamība atvērtā veidā ir viens no e-pārvaldes politikas pamatprincipiem 2014–2020 gada attīstības plānošanas periodā”. Link to pdf’s printed from the Latvian web-page and unofficial English translation of the conditions are available from these links <in latvian> and <in english>.
Please accept the license conditions and use a proper attribution of the sources of data when using this dataset, such as:
Data Sources: 1: Contains topographic maps from the Geospatial Information Agency of Latvia 10/2019. © Latvian Geospatial Information Agency, 2019. Distribution through EMD and windPRO. 2: This product includes Intellectual Property from European National Mapping and Cadastral Authorities and is licensed on behalf of these by EuroGeographics. Original product is freely available at eurogeoarchive.srgry.uk. Terms of the licence available at http://eurogeoarchive.srgry.uk/form/topographic-data-eurogeographics
- The Geospatial Information Agency of Latvia and the pubic of Latvia are thanked for producing this digital elevation dataset – and disseminating it in the public domain - and thus for aiding the development of renewable energy.
- The Latvian State Forest and its LVM Geo team are thanked for holding a copy of the topographic map - and maintaining interface to the data
- Eurogeographics are thanked for releasing their EuroGlobalMap as an open dataset.
- Integration of this dataset into EMD services was co-supported through the InnoWind project ([http://www.innowind.dk www.innowind.dk) which is co-funded by the Danish Innovation Fund