Spanish Elevation Models
The Spanish elevation models in 5m and 25m grid resolutions are digital terrain models produced by the National Geographic Institute of Spain (Instituto Geográfico Nacional, IGN). Spatial coverage is for the whole of Spain. Most parts of the model data were produced from LIDAR surveys – however data for Ceuta, Melilla and Alborán Island were obtained from optical stereo-correlation methods with a 25-50cm resolution/pixel.
- Spatial Coverage: Spain
- Resolution: 5m and 25 m
- Data-type: Digital Terrain Model (DTM)
- Coordinate system:
- Horizontal: For maximum spatial accuracy, we deliver the data in the respective UTM zones (28-31) as indicated in the map above. The following reference systems were used in the original data: ETRS89 for the Iberian Peninsula, Balearic Islands, Ceuta and Melilla. REGCAN95 for the Canary Islands Austrian Lambert (EPSG 31287).
- Vertical: In the Peninsula, the elevations are referred to the average level of the Mediterranean Sea in Alicante (EPSG 5782). In the Balearic Islands, Ceuta and Melilla the elevations are referred to the local average level of the Mediterranean Sea (EPSG 5782). In the Canary Islands, the elevations are related to the average level of the Atlantic Ocean on the islands.
- Version: Data downloaded in January 2019.
- Vertical Accuracy: N/A
Availability from within WindPRO
The data are available directly from within windPRO in 5 or 25-meter resolution. The data can be accessed from the online-services in the following objects:
- Line Object (with purpose to height contour lines)
- Elevation Grid Object
License and Attribution
The product belongs to the open data of the National Geographic Institute of Spain. The data have been licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. More information can be found in the ministry order which can be accessed from the links below. Please accept the license conditions and use a proper attribution when using this dataset, such as:
Contains: Elevation data from the Spanish Instituto Geográfico Nacional (IGN). Distribution through EMD and windPRO. MTD05/MTD25 2008-2019 CC-BY 4.0 ign.es
More information can be found at:
- The National Geographic Institute of Spain (Instituto Geográfico Nacional, IGN) are thanked for producing this digital elevation dataset – and disseminating it in the public domain and thus for aiding the development of renewable energy.
- Integration of this dataset into EMD services was co-supported through the InnoWind project ([http://www.innowind.dk www.innowind.dk) which is co-funded by the Danish Innovation Fund