Historically, windPRO and energyPRO users have benefitted from easy access to the EMD online-databases – data which have been specifically developed and distributed for renewable energy purposes. With the REST (Representational State Transfer) based API’s in the EMD-API service, it is now possible to connect your machine driven workflows, internal tools and services directly to more than 1Pb of high-quality climate data and other services at EMD. This page provides a brief overview on how to access the EMD online-services through a REST-based API-access based on the OpenAPI standard. Resources for the OpenAPI standard and the data model are here:
- OpenAPI-standard - at Swagger / Smartbear
- OpenAPI Specification and Data Model - at GitHub.
- This EMD-API introduction is aimed at programmers, modellers or analysts who are working with machine-driven interfaces and workflows, typically using programming languages like python or R.
- Also note, that we provide a number of python (jupyter notebook) samples to get you kick-started in using our API-services and to integrate towards your own services and tools.
Get Help, Get Access or See Operational Status
- Access: Contact the emd-sales department to obtain access: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help: Contact the EMD support hotline: email@example.com.
- Operational Status - at separate Operational Status wiki-page
Database-access is via an API-key approach which authenticates against a server-whitelist. Thus, in order to access the API-services, dataset users must provide their provide their login credentials (API-key). The API-key is personal and is never to be shared.
URL's for API-Access and Documentation
Data and services are accessed from the following general URL: https://api.emd.dk. Individual data and service API's are available from other wiki-pages (see also the category pages below).
- EMD-API - Climate Data Access - OpenAPI-UI - Wiki Page
- EMD-API - Global Atlas Service - OpenAPI-UI - Wiki Page
- EMD-API - Global Wind Energy Index Service - OpenAPI-UI - Wiki Page (in beta)
API-subscribers must clearly acknowledge EMD and its data providers as the source of data in any private or public disseminations: For details on how-to provide the attribution see the individual climate-dataset documentation pages at the online-data wiki: https://help.emd.dk/mediawiki/
The EMD-API has been developed as a part of the RECAST project. RECAST is a joint R&D project with participants from the wind energy industry and academia: EMD, Vestas, RES and DTU. The RECAST project is co-funded by the Innovation Fund Denmark.
Pages in category "EMD-API"
The following 6 pages are in this category, out of 6 total.