Italy-Sardinia Elevation Model
The Italy/Sardinia 10m elevation model is a digital terrain model produced by the Autonomous Region of Sardinia (Regione Autonoma della Sardegna / Regione Autònoma de Sardigna). The elevation data is in a 10m x 10m grid and have a spatial coverage for the whole of Sardinia. The model was produced from a 1:10000 topographic base-map.
- Spatial Coverage: Autonomous Region of Sardinia, Italy
- Resolution: 10 m
- Data-type: Digital Terrain Model (DTM)
- Coordinate system: ROMA40 / Monte Mario Italy 1 (EPSG:3003) in original data
- Version: Data downloaded in January 2019.
- Vertical Accuracy: N/A
Higher resolution data exists for parts of the coastal areas: These 1m and 5 m gridded data may be accessed directly from the geodata-portal of Sardinia: http://www.sardegnageoportale.it
Availability from within WindPRO
The data are available directly from within windPRO in 10-meter resolution. The data can be accessed from the online-services in the following objects:
- Line Object (with purpose to height contour lines)
- Elevation Grid Object
License and Attribution
The product belongs to the open data of the Autonomous Region of Sardinia. Most of the open data by the Autonomous Region of Sardinia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Please use the following attribution when using this dataset:
Contains elevation data from the Autonomous Region of Sardinia 01/2019. CC-BY-40 sardegnageoportale.it. Data processing and distribution through EMD and windPRO.
- The Autonomous Region of Sardinia (Regione Autonoma della Sardegna / Regione Autònoma de Sardigna) are thanked for producing this digital elevation dataset – and disseminating it in the public domain and thus for aiding the development of renewable energy.
- Integration of this dataset into EMD services was co-supported through the InnoWind project (www.innowind.dk) which is co-funded by the Danish Innovation Fund