Finnish Elevation Model
The Finland/Suomi 10m elevation model is a digital surface model produced by the National Land Survey of Finland (Maanmittauslaitos, MML). The elevation data is in a 10m x 10m grid and have a spatial coverage for the whole of Finland. The main parts of the model data were produced from contour lines and ground control points originating from the topographical databases and maps at the National Land Survey of Finland. Small parts of the model were derived from a higher resolution model in 2 m (see link below).
The accuracy of this product is: 1.4 m - given by the 95% quantile and 2.0m - given by the 99% quantile.
- In this dataset, the elevations of the offshore/ocean areas are typically at level 0.2-0.4 m.
- If you derive contour-lines from the grid data, then you could consider ditizing the costline-contour (~ 0-line) manually.
Availability from within WindPRO
The data are available directly from within windPRO in 10-meter resolution. The data can be accessed from the online-services in the following objects:
- Line Object (with purpose to height contour lines)
- Elevation Grid Object
The following reference systems were used in the original data:
- ETRS89 / TM35FIN (EPSG:3067)
- N2000 height (EPSG:3900)
License and Attribution
The product belongs to the open data of the National Land Survey of Finland. Open data by the National Land Survey of Finland is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Please use the following attribution when using this dataset:
Contains elevation data from the National Land Survey of Finland - Topographic Database 01/2019. Distribution through EMD and windPRO.
- The National Land Survey of Finland (Maanmittauslaitos, MML) are thanked for producing this digital elevation dataset – and disseminating it in the public domain and thus for aiding the development of renewable energy.
- “Kapsi” Finnish Internet Users Association are thanked for holding an accessible copy of the open geodata.
- Integration of this dataset into EMD services was co-supported through the InnoWind project (www.innowind.dk) which is co-funded by the Danish Innovation Fund
- Description of the elevation model: https://www.maanmittauslaitos.fi/en/maps-and-spatial-data/expert-users/product-descriptions/elevation-model-10-m
- Link to higher-resolution 2m data: https://www.maanmittauslaitos.fi/sv/kartor-och-geodata/expertanvandare/produktbeskrivningar/hojdmodell-2-m
- InnoWind project - http://www.innowind.dk