German Saxony-Anhalt Elevation Models
The elevation model of the German Bundesland of Saxony-Anhalt (Sachsen-Anhalt) is a digital terrain model produced from data originally obtained from the open geodata of Saxony-Anhalt. It is produced and delivered by the Landesamtes für Vermessung und Geoinformation Sachsen-Anhalt (LVermGeo). Two elevation models are delivered with windPRO: one at 5m resolution and one at 20m resolution. The original models are available at a maximum resolution of 2m, however, the highest resolution model in windPRO version is resampled by EMD to obtain a slightly coarser resolution - 5m. This is done in order for the data to be operational for the larger domains needed in the context of wind farm analysis’ and wind flow modelling. The resampling is made based on 2m data using a bi-linear interpolation algorithm. Data made available by EMD represents the data status of January 2021.
- Spatial Coverage: Bundesland of Saxony-Anhalt
- Resolution: 5m and 20m (in windPRO)
- Data-type: Digital Terrain Model (DTM)
- Coordinate system
- Horizontal: ETRS89/UTM32 (EPSG 25832)
- Vertical: DHHN2016 (EPSG 7837) - Deutsche Haupthöhennetz 2016
- Version: Data were downloaded in January 2021. Data originates from years 2015-2018, dependent on area (see map to the right).
- Vertical: For the 2m resolution dataset the vertical accuracy is stated to be ±0.15m
- Horizontal: N/A
- Download and processing time is in the order of (a few) minutes for the high-resolution dataset (5m grid) - so please be patient! Due to the large amounts of high-resolution elevation data and the tile-based storage system, you will experience that downloading the data for a site may last a few minutes. If this is a problem for you, please consider downloading 'smaller' areas or downloading the coarser 20m resolution data.
- Please note that for the 5-meter grid - the downloaded area is limited to 20 km x 20 km to keep the files at a usable size. The data within the elevation object may be extended with coarser data for a bigger area if needed.
Availability from within WindPRO
The data are available directly from within windPRO in 5-meter and 20-meter grid resolution. The data can be accessed from the online-services in the following objects:
- Line Object (with purpose to height contour lines)
- Elevation Grid Object
License and Attribution
The data is based on open geo-data of the Bundesland of Saxony-Anhalt, licensed under the "Data license Germany – attribution – version 2.0" (Datenlizenz Deutschland - Namensnennung - Version 2.0 - dl-de/by-2-0).
When using the dataset, the user must ensure that the source note contains the following information:
EMD/windPRO elevation model based on data from © GeoBasis-DE / LVermGeo LSA.
The usage conditions are available from this pdf from LVermGeo - here.
- The LVermGeo are thanked for producing this digital elevation dataset – and disseminating it in the public domain and thus for aiding the development of renewable energy and wind energy in particular.
- Site with description of the elevation model (in German language) - https://www.lvermgeo.sachsen-anhalt.de