Latvian Elevation Model
The Latvian elevation model in 20m grid resolution is a digital terrain model produced by the Geospatial Information Agency of Latvia (Latvijas Ģeotelpiskās Informācijas Aģentūras). The model was derived from LiDAR scans and stereo-orthophotos. Spatial coverage is for the whole of Latvia. The data available in windPRO was accessed during early 2019 – and holds data with source-date 2017.
- Spatial Coverage: Lativa
- Resolution: 20 m
- Data-type: Digital Terrain Model (DTM)
- Coordinate system: Raw data was delivered as ERSI gridded files – with coordinate-system data embedded (Transverse Mercator with central median 24 degree longitude).
- Version: Source data is from 2017.
- Vertical Accuracy: N/A
Availability from within windPRO
The data are available directly from within windPRO in 20-meter resolution. The data can be accessed from the online-services in the following objects:
- Line Object (with purpose to height contour lines)
- Elevation Grid Object
License and Attribution
The product belongs to the open data of the Geospatial Information Agency of Latvia. The data have no specific open-data license attached – however these are released with the following open-data principles: free, online, machine-readable-formats. Read more about the policy here: “Publiskās pārvaldes datu pieejamība atvērtā veidā ir viens no e-pārvaldes politikas pamatprincipiem 2014–2020 gada attīstības plānošanas periodā”.
Contains elevation data from the Geospatial Information Agency of Latvia 05/2019. Distribution through EMD and windPRO.
- The Geospatial Information Agency of Latvia and the pubic of Latvia are thanked for producing this digital elevation dataset – and disseminating it in the public domain - and thus for aiding the development of renewable energy.
- Integration of this dataset into EMD services was co-supported through the InnoWind project ([http://www.innowind.dk www.innowind.dk) which is co-funded by the Danish Innovation Fund