Latvian Orthophoto Mosaic
The Latvian Orthophoto Mosaic is a part of the dynamic, zoomable maps in windPRO. The orthophotos were released by the Latvian Geospatial Information Agency – in order to cover the entire Latvia - they come from multiple annual campaigns. The mosaic in windPRO is mainly from the Agency's 5th and 6th cycle. The mosaic in windPRO is based on the most recent data available (per october 2019) - and distributed with a minimum pixel size of 1.0m.
- The mosaic was created from available data sources accessed in October 2019
- The most recent imagery is used to create the mosaic
- Main parts of the mosaic holds data from 2017-2013 - with a few tiles of the imagery dating from 2005-2003 (these data are mainly around and outside the Latvian border).
Availability from within windPRO
- From map window: Click the ‘Add map’ globe-icon -> then ‘Dynamic Maps’.
- From main menu: Click ‘Project’ -> ‘Properties’ -> ‘Background Maps’ -> ‘Dynamic Maps’
License and Attribution
The product belongs to the open data of the Geospatial Information Agency of Latvia. The data have no specific open-data license attached – however these are released with the following open-data principles: free, online, machine-readable-formats. Read more about the policy here: “Publiskās pārvaldes datu pieejamība atvērtā veidā ir viens no e-pārvaldes politikas pamatprincipiem 2014–2020 gada attīstības plānošanas periodā”.
Link to pdf’s printed from the Latvian web-page and unofficial English translation of the conditions are available from these links <in latvian> and <in english>. EMD recommend to use the following attribution when using data from this service (please note that reference is mandatory):
Contains orthophoto data from the Geospatial Information Agency of Latvia 10/2019. Orthophotos © Latvian Geospatial Information Agency, 2013 - 2017 Distribution through EMD and windPRO.
- The Geospatial Information Agency of Latvia and the pubic of Latvia are thanked for producing this digital elevation dataset – and disseminating it in the public domain - and thus for aiding the development of renewable energy.
- The Latvian State Forest and its LVM Geo team are thanked for holding a copy of the orthophotos map - and maintaining interface to the data
- Integration of this dataset into EMD services - was co-supported through the InnoWind project (http://www.innowind.dk) - which is co-funded by the Danish Innovation Fund