"Denmark's Depth Model, 50 m resolution" is now available for windPRO users working with offshore wind farm development within the Danish EEZ. The model has a grid resolution of 50 meters and is based on a collection of hydrographic survey datasets and historical sources. Model coverage is Denmark's Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ). The model is developed and released by the Danish Geodata Agency and current data in windPRO reflects the data-status as of year 2022.
Availability from within WindPRO and Usage Notes
The data is available directly from within windPRO and can be accessed from the online-services in the Elevation Grid Object.
- In order to access the data, please set the purpose of the Elevation Grid Object to 'Water depths'.
- If you want to export the grid to contour lines: This can be done from within the grid-object, simply select the layer of interest, then choose 'Export Layer'.
The following reference systems were used in the original data:
- Horizontal: Lambert Conformal Conic (LCC) / ETRS89 (EPSG:3034)
- Vertical: A combination of Mean Low Water Spring (MLWS), Lowest Astronomical Tide (LAT) and Dansk Vertikal Reference 1990 (DVR90)
- Denmark's Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) - see the map to the right
License and Attribution
Data Source: Denmark's Depth Model, 50 m resolution. Contains data from the Danish Geodata Agency. Contains data from Denmark's Depth Model, 50 m resolution from the Danish Geodata Agency, November 2022. Danish Geodata Agency – (Data may not be used for navigation). Distribution through windPRO and EMD.
- The Danish Geodata Agency is thanked for producing this digital bathymetry dataset – and disseminating it in the public domain and thus for aiding the development of renewable energy.
- Description of "Denmark's Depth Model (2022) - in Danish or in English